Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Conviction

Drew's Thoughts:
Conviction is a pretty remarkable true story and manages to avoid feeling cliched. Last year's Best Actor winner Sam Rockwell was very impressive in his role and I don't see why he won't get his third Dolphin nom in a row. Though I was worried by the trailer that she might be hammy, Hilary Swank also gave a good performance. Juliette Lewis contributes a very good one-scene performance as well.
Director Tony Goldwyn and screenwriter Pamela Gray did a good job with the material not trying to make the story seem more amazing than it already is. It was definitely an emotional story, seeing the bond between the two siblings that lasts throughout their lives. I can't tell if the film will have much replay value or not but I definitely enjoyed my first viewing.

No comments: