Thursday, February 11, 2010

Sin Nombre


Colleen's Thoughts:
Sin Nombre is yet another excellent foreign film from the Dolphin year of 2009. Sin Nombre is a captivating story about an ex MS-13 member on the run and a families journey to cross the Mexican/American border into America. As a freaked out watcher of the history channel, I had heard of MS-13 and their scary ways so the parts of the film showing the violence and tactics of the gang were not surprising to me .I loved Edgar Flores’s performance as El Casper or Willy. This was a very emotionally engaging story. For example, although the fate of Willy is pretty clear following his slashing of the gang leader ‘Lil Mago, I still found myself hoping at the end he would somehow make it out alive. This film has definitely left a lasting impact on me and I have recommended it to several people. This is a must-see Dolphin movie of this year.

No comments: